Sunday, January 25, 2015

T minus 31 hours and counting...

So it is 11:25 pm CST Sunday as I begin writing this post. Tomorrow at this time I will not be allowed to eat or drink anything more. I will have packed a bag with a few necessities to take to the hospital with me, you know, my pillow, my phone charger, my Kindle, and my toiletries. Before bed I will take a shower and use special soap to reduce the amount of bacteria on my skin.

Tuesday morning I will be getting up at 3:00 am to take another shower and use more of the soap, then putting on clothes that I will have laundered the day before. My husband will drive me to The Ohio State University Hospital so I can check in by 5:00 am for my 7:00 am surgery.

I have been sticking to my diet. Getting used to four protein drinks a day with my meal, fruit, veggies, and lots of water has not been as difficult as I first thought it would. The diet started on the 9th so I have been doing it for 16 days so far, one more day to go. I discovered my scale was not accurate a few days in so I can not be sure, but from what I know I have lost at least 19 pounds. Yay me.

I even decided to start taking pictures of my progress. Every Friday I take photos of myself from the front, back and each side in the same outfit (purple Under Armor sports bra and gray Under Armor tight shorts) as much as I can in the same spot so I can track the changes in my body accurately. Maybe if I get brave enough one day I will make a collage and post them... Who knows... That alone is enough to scare the shit out of me, letting others see me, see my body go through all of these changes, yikes...

I will be off work for a little while, two to six weeks. During that time I will not only be recovering and transforming but learning to nourish and exercise my new body. It will be weird I am sure. Then there is the fun part... The new clothes. Currently I own one pair of jeans. I have refused to buy another pair since I knew this was coming and I felt like it would be a waste of money. Can't wait to get a new pair!

Yes, I am scared. And excited. And nervous. And most importantly- ready.

I am ready.

1 comment: